- Date: Oct 4 - Oct 7, 2022
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Website: http://www.bsbf2020.org
- Additional information on proceedings are available for logged-in users.
27.03.2021 Announcement: BSBF is postponed to autumn 2022 and is renamed BSBF2022!
Due to the uncertainties caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the Big Science Business Forum International Organising Committee has decided to postpone the BSBF event to safeguard the health of all participants. It will take place on 4-7 October 2022 in Granada (Spain), at the Granada Congress Centre, with the same programme and under the same conditions (see below).
Have a look at the official website for further information.
Big Science Business Forum 2020 will offer European companies and other stakeholders the opportunity to learn about Europe's Big Science organisations' future investments and procurements worth billions of euros. BSBF2020 will bring together, for the second time, the largest and most cutting edge research infrastructures in Europe and the world: CERN, EMBL, ESA, ESO, ESRF, ESS, European XFEL, F4E, ILL and SKA as well as other guest and affiliated research organisations.
The forum will offer Companies the chance to:
- Learn about business opportunities in the coming years, within a wide range areas and technologies
- Meet representatives from Europe's Big Science organisations and their key suppliers.
- Network and establish long lasting partnerships via business-to-business meetings (B2B), business-to-customer meetings (B2C) and in the open exhibition area.
- Get insight into procurement rules, IPR, technology transfer and how businesses can interplay with the Big Science market.
- Boost SME visibility in the Big Science Market
Continuing the trend established in Copenhagen in BSBF2018, more than 1000 delegates from more than 500 organisations are expected to gather in Granada for learning and discussing about business opportunities in the Big Science Market.
Due to the current pandemic situation, the event has been postponed to Sep-Oct 2021 and renamed accordingly.
The BSBF2021 will still take place in Granada.
Early bird deadline is April 30th, 2021.
In the meantime the BSBF team offers online webinars about different topics related to the Big Science market, the European Research Infrastructures (RI), and the Big Science Business Forum 2021 itself.
- 1st BSBF Webinar, date: 23/06/2020, title: COVID-19: Impact and measures on the Big Science market
- 2nd BSBF Webinar, date: 8-9/10/2020, title: Big Science Organisations Strategic Plans, 2020-21 Procurements and Flagship Projects
- 3rd BSBF Webinar, date: 18/02/2021, title: “How Industry and Research Infrastructures can innovate the Big Science Market: The BSBF Technology Transfer Track"