The CSE was founded on April 22nd, 2015
The objectives of the CSE are:
- to strengthen the European position of cryogenic technologies.
- to represent European activities in cryogenic technologies in social, scientific, industrial and political forums.
- to promote communication and information exchange in the area of cryogenic technologies.
- to foster the training of young researchers in the area of cryogenic technologies.
- to bring together those active in cryogenic technologies and potential user communities so as to stimulate applications of these technologies.
The Association is not profit-oriented.
The first General Meeting of the CSE was held on June 4th, 2015 in Grenoble as part of the European Cryogenics Days 2015