- Date: Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2022
- Location: Otaru, Hokkaido, Japan
- Venue: Gran Park Otaru
- Website: https://ult2020.org/
- Additional information on proceedings are available for logged-in users.
The Ultra Low Temperature conference has been held as a satellite conference of the LT since 1977 and it focuses on physics in condensed matter systems at temperatures below 1 Kelvin. The aim of the conference is to identify new research directions, and to discuss technical challenges and innovations. Ultralow temperatures have not only been opening up novel quantum physics, but also contributing to modern quantum information science that have been rapidly developed in the last decade. The ULT conference is also intended to bring together a broad community of researchers, spanning the field, to forge links between different scientific communities.
ULT2020 will take place in Otaru, Japan from the 23rd to the 26th of August. It will include various research topics:
* Quantum fluids, solids, and gases
* Unconventional and topological superfluids and superconductors
* Strongly correlated condensed matter systems
* Quantum hydrodynamics, particularly quantum turbulence
* Magnetism, particularly quantum spin liquids
* Quantum phase transitions and criticality
* Ultralow temperature techniques and its application to quantum information science
For participants of the LT29 a bus for transfer to Otaru will be organized.
03.11.2020 Due to the pandemic situation the event has been postponed to August 2022.